All Grant Requests submitted to the Aaaron Ardoin Foundation Supporting Sickle Cell Research & Education must comply with the following guidelines:
- The Foundation awards grants only to organizations that are exempt under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
- In keeping with the Foundation's mission, grants are awarded to agencies or community organizations with programs and research related to sickle cell disease and families impacted by the disease.
- Funding is to be used directly to meet specific needs within the sickle cell community and shall not be used to support fundraising or sponsorship events.
- Grant requests are reviewed twice each year. Grants submitted between January 1 and April 30 will be reviewed and awarded by July 15. Grants submitted between May 1 and August 31 will be reviewed and awarded by November 15.
GRANT REQUEST FORM
The following criteria will be used to evaluate each proposal:
1) demonstration of value to the advancement of awareness, treatment, care or cure of sickle disease;
2) documentation of the value of the project by providing evidence of the potential impact of these outcomes;
3) provision of documentation his/her/organization is a 501(c)3 organization;
4) supplied timetable and/or funding plan;
5) description of the implementation schedule;
6) Explanation of how the proposed activity justifies the grant request; and,
7) clearly written and understandable to the average educated reviewer.